Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hope and Belief

I am a lucky gal.  I don't know how I got so lucky...but I am.  I am lucky because I have a few things that some people don't have and may never have.  They are things that I will cherish forever-- because I didn't always have them.  I have hope.  And I have beliefs.  Both of which are free... so feel free to partake!


I have hope in my children.  That though it may appear that the world disintegrating into chaos, they have the opportunity to be a beacon of hope for me, and for others.  I believe that even though my daughter can be feisty -- it may make her into a leader some day.  


I believe that having my two daughters sleep through the night is a miracle, and I hope for miracles every night.  


I believe that though the women's lib movement was well intended, it was misguided, and I am much more important being the CEO of my household than being the CEO in the workplace.  I believe that being a good mom, and raising good children changes the world.  I hope I am a good mom.


I believe that books, and the ability to read them, are the greatest gifts in the world.  I hope I never take the library for granted.  


I believe that behind every good man stands a great woman.  I know my husband is a great man, and I am hopeful that I may be, and will become a great woman.


I believe that good nutrition and exercise can save money and heartache.  I also believe that on the worst of days nothing is better than a good cry and a pint of ice cream.  I hope the ice cream isn't ever needed so much I become obese.


I believe that being a poor law school family on food stamps is easier than being a police family.  I am hopeful that someday police officers will be treated better--the way they deserve.  I believe that many officers we left behind don't believe in themselves enough to get out...but I believe they are amazing and am hopeful they will someday realize their amazing-ness.


I believe that though our situation is currently difficult, we have the opportunity of hope...of creating a better future for our family.  


Everyone keeps telling me its ok to get food stamps because we will be paying it all back in taxes when my husband get a job.  I know that's true...but even if it weren't--part of me thinks if I contribute to society enough, my efforts might be worth that much anyway.
So take a little hope.  Find a few of your own beliefs... and deduct it from my tab I owe to the taxpayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment